Sunday, May 24, 2009

FourThirteen Cycling





















So I started and am the leader of a cycling club/ministry called FourThirteen Cycling through the church I have been going to. Some of the people I have been meeting expressed interest in it, so I decided to organize it and keep it going each week. The name "FourThirteen" is derived from Philippians 4:13 and also we plan on leaving at 4:13 pm every Sunday. Today we biked roughly 15 miles total. We started near my apartment and took the Interurban Trail to Chatham. I think we are going to continue this same path until we really get the club going and branch out to other locations. We are hoping to get more people at each experience level and branch out that way too. Our first day had a pretty good turn out. We are planning on advertising on screen before or during church and putting something in the bulletin this coming Sunday in addition to our Facebook invitations. Here are some of the pics from our first ride...I should get some better pics soon from my new body-builder buddy Dave.
























































































Funny Story : On Saturday I went to check out another singles biking club from Westside Christian Church. They meet every Wednesday and Saturday at the same location my club is meeting at. I thought I would see if there was anyone my age, but it turned out to be a roughly "50 year old singles biking club" hahahha. I still went with them and had a good talk with a retired business man who knew a lot of people from Arthur Anderson and PwC (2 huge accounting firms) They told me more about their church and about the activities for people my age. So I went to that church this morning, met a ton more people and plan on going to a big memorial day party with them tomorrow evening!......and in case you were wondering...no "cougars" hit on me during the singles biking.




No comments:

Post a Comment