Friday, May 29, 2009

money.cnn.com!













BREAKING NEWS: I was interviewed by CNN yesterday and today! Here's the deal: I read CNN.com pretty much everyday and lately they have had several articles about people getting jobs, losing jobs and the economy, etc. On several of the articles and on the Hired - CNN facebook page, they wanted readers to send in their stories about how they got a job recently in this bad economy. Seeing how "being on CNN" is on my life-long bucket list, I wrote a pretty good email to them and explained how I used Google Maps to search for jobs all over the country! They found my story and my short unemployment stint pretty interesting and called me up this week. People at work are excited because it is good advertising for our firm. The CNN reporter who interviewed me is the same lady who recently interviewed one of the top executives for my firm! So it's a pretty big deal and I am excited to see what is published. Stay tuned to money.cnn.com!

In other news, my car insurance just went from $356 (edit: I guess it was only $286) to $141! Yeah Illinois. However, state sales tax went from 6% to 7.75% as a result of moving from MI to IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment